[linux-dvb] AW: Converting a TT-DVB-S into a TT-DVB-T?

Hi,

>I am interrested in buying a TT-DVB-T but am having a hard
>time finding someone that can sell it to more for a
>reasonable price and noone seems to be able to deliver it within less
than a few months.

>Does anyone know if this is doable at all?

Yes it is. Look here:
http://www.tuxbox.org/jolt/dreambox/new/CLTW000005.JPG

It was a Dream-Multimedia STB (Sat version). Now it is a DVB-T version.

>I guess I have to replace the tuner.

No you need to replace the complete frontend (silver box soldered onto
the pcb)

>What tuner should I get instead, and where can I buy it?

www.alps.de
www.microtune.de

BUT they are _very_ expensive if you want just a single fe. Single parts
will cost ~90Euro.

>Is it pin compatible?

No! You have to do some wild hacking :D

>Are there more things that has to be changed or replaced?

Most probably you will need some voltage regulators too.

After going through all the hell i can tell you: DON'T do it ;-) A DVB-S
card + DVB-T fe will cost you much more than a dvb-t card. Maybe you
should look into the USB DVB-T selfmade box announced by Holger on this
list some days ago.

Bye
  Florian

linux-dvb" as subject.