[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Converting a TT-DVB-S into a TT-DVB-T?

--On den 4 december 2002 22:39 +0100 Florian Schirmer <jolt@tuxbox.org>
wrote:

> Yes it is. Look here:
> http://www.tuxbox.org/jolt/dreambox/new/CLTW000005.JPG

What a beauty! :-)

> Most probably you will need some voltage regulators too.

I see, for the that is?

> After going through all the hell i can tell you: DON'T do it ;-) A DVB-S
> card + DVB-T fe will cost you much more than a dvb-t card.

Actually, I am not at all sure about that, even with a 90 euro
tuner. Some of the dealers would charge more than 400 euro,
and _still_ take more than 8 weeks to deliver it, and it
seems one can get a DVB-S for 179 at www.usa-x.org (but they
are now out of it of course - arrrg! :-).

I was hoping for a little christmas holidays project,
currently it seems that the only way to get that is
by getting a DVB-S card and replacing the tuner myself.

> Maybe you
> should look into the USB DVB-T selfmade box announced by Holger on this
> list some days ago.

Sadly I need CA support and that doesn't seem to be
in the plan, otherwise I certainly would!

Thank you very much for the information!

All the best,

/ragge