[linux-dvb] Re: linux-dvb and Mandrake 9 (2)

Holger Waechtler wrote:
< That's a pretty old version of the DVB driver>

It doesn't seem so seasoned to me, it seems someway remade:
making <modprobe dvb> causes the automatic insertion of dvb and all modules
it depends: making then a lsmod lists
dvb
dvb_demux
dmxdev
dvbdev
dvb_frontend
dvb_filter
saa7146_core
i2c-core
videodev
  while modules
  bttv
  i2c-algo-bit
  soundcore
  tuner
were yet loaded because there is a MiroPCTV besides the Siemens DVB card

after this modprobe it automatically created the /dev/dbv directory
with the following entries:
card0[audio0 ca0 demux0 dvr0 frontend0 net0 osd0 sec0 video0]

while the 'normal' DVB should create

adapter0[audio0 ca0 demux0 dvr0 frontend0 net0 osd0 video0]

am I right?
I even tried a symlink from card0 to adapter0, but, as one could expect,
tuxzap refused to use a structure it wasn't designed to use.
By opposite, if I install the Mdk modules, XawTV sees a DVB as
input, but I have no signal and no way to tune the DVB frontend
(at least I don't know how!).With these data maybe you can guess
which release is like, in order to find an /apps that can use this.
In the same directory dvb_modules there is a tuner_dvb module that
I suspect is a remake of the bttv tuner module with Diseqc control
added, but see no way XawTV can use this.
Summing up, can you give me some hint on how to gain control of
those modules and possibly make them work together XawTV?
Which release of  DVB API doc  should I study?
C.u.
Alberto