[linux-dvb] linux-dvb and Mandrake 9

Hi all
As Mandrake 9 has embedded linux dvb in 3rdparty/dvb_modules/
I thought that this should work fine with this distro. By opposite I have discovered a number of problems : the modules are of the recent type
and install without problems except the fact that give another name  to
/dev/dvb/<adapter-n> that is called /dev/dvb/<card-n> and to tuner module that it's called <tuner_dvb>. this way all standard programs cannot find what they need. Does anybody here know something else
about this? Some suggestion where to find documentation? On Mdk site
I found no news on this. I'm planning to ask to Juan Quintela, the packager of 2.4.19-16mdk, if anybody else here doesn't know anything.
Another (maybe silly) question: why, in the latest releases it's omitted
the tuner module? (Perhaps because in the present kernels it's just
present a tuner module?) . In fact, when modules are installed lsmod
doesn't show any tuner, but scan finds anyway some station: how?

c.u.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index