[linux-dvb] Timing recording

Hello,

I'm need to record a program from the satellite onto disk, and then send
this recoreded video on a video server. The program I want to record it
a 7-10 minutes program that shows everyday in the morning.

The idea here is that I want to automate this completly. I need to know
if there's a way I can record this program exactly at the start point
and the end point to have it "clean" to be able to send to the video
server after that.

I thought about something :
If I have 2 images, they are repectivly the 1st frame of the starting
generic and the last frame of the ending generic. Can I say "start
recording when you see that 1st frame, and stop when you see that last
one" ?
Or is there some kind of signal sent by the TV channel that could tell
me "the program is starting now" and "the program is ending now" ?

Of course, I'd prefer this project to be under linux, but if you have a
MS Windows alternative, as long as it can be automated, I'm open to any
suggestions.

Best regards,

--
Alexandre CONRAD