[linux-dvb] Re: Timing recording

I quite often record programmes on terrestrial digital whilst I'm on my
way home from work using dvbstream. Since dvbstream doesn't have a
timelimiting feature and because I though it would be useful I wrote a
program called timedrun

http://chris.intrepid.cx/timedrun-1.0.0.tar.gz

timedrun -t 1h-5m dvbstream -f 481833 -ts -o  -f 481833 2827 2828 > recording.ts

This would record channel4 for 55minutes (1hour - 5minutes)

Stick that in cron and voila a simple timed recording.

The time can be specified in combinations of days weeks hours minutes and
seconds.
1h    = 60 minutes
1h1m  = 61 minutes
1h-1m = 59 minutes