[linux-dvb] Re: Timing recording

> >I don't know if it's your case... but the most simple thing you can do
> >is to check the local time (if the programm starts at the same hour).
> >
> That's what I though at the begining of course. But the program is a
> live (direct) program... It usualy starts at the same time 8:00am, but
> it never stops at the same time. And this is not predictible to know
> when it will stop. That's why I was thinking about "seeing" the last
> frame, and stop the recording process. As I know the last frame will
> always be the same, it's always the same ending generic...

This might be something to do offline, so that you would record the
programme at the rough times and then post-process it to find the start
and end frame timecodes by "seeing" the appropriate frames, and chop
the mpeg file at those points?

> So my real problem here is, I need a clean video trimed out, but I don't
> know the exact (to the second close) the starting and ending. What can
> we do ?

If you do what I have suggested above then the next problem is what
software can we use to do the frame recognition and simple editing?

	(yet another) Dave