From: "Alexandre CONRAD" <aconrad.tlv@magic.fr>
To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 1:25 PM
Subject: [linux-dvb] Timing recording

Hello,

I'm need to record a program from the satellite onto disk, and then

send

this recoreded video on a video server. The program I want to record

it

a 7-10 minutes program that shows everyday in the morning.

The idea here is that I want to automate this completly. I need to

know

if there's a way I can record this program exactly at the start

point

and the end point to have it "clean" to be able to send to the video
server after that.

I thought about something :
If I have 2 images, they are repectivly the 1st frame of the

starting

generic and the last frame of the ending generic. Can I say "start
recording when you see that 1st frame, and stop when you see that

last

one" ?
Or is there some kind of signal sent by the TV channel that could

tell

me "the program is starting now" and "the program is ending now" ?

Of course, I'd prefer this project to be under linux, but if you

have a

MS Windows alternative, as long as it can be automated, I'm open to

any

suggestions.

Best regards,

--