[linux-dvb] Re: automatic AD cutting [was "Timing recording"]

> I don't know what was the outcome of this...

Well, I don't care about ads, really, I need to be able to record a
program (an everyday episode), and start the recording from the 1st
frame and stop it at the last frame.

This would work in this case : the program always starts the same way
and always ends the same way from an episode to an other. This means
that usualy, these programs have a starting and ending generic.

The idea here is to record the episode once manually. Extract from the
stream the 1st and last frame from the episode's generics

FrameA = 1st frame of starting generic
FrameZ = Last frame of ending generic

Once this is set up, I can record my favourite program everyday (or when
ever the program shows, (once a week, every 2 days, only week ends,
etc...)) without remembering to record it. My program will know that it
have to start recording when it detects FrameA and stop when it detects
FrameB.

In my particular case, I want to have everything automated for my project.
I want to record a program that shows everyday, in the early morning
(6oclock, but I'm still sleeping) and then send that recorded to my
video server. But I would like to be also able to have it trimed out
nice and clean without retouching it manually.

Do you get the idea ? And if you have any ideas, your suggestions are open.

Regards,

--
Alexandre CONRAD
Research & Development