[linux-dvb] Re: automatic AD cutting [was "Timing recording"]

Wow, do you have a Cray? Online-recognition will consume a lot of CPU-load.
It doesn't have to be online... I can record the video roughtly, and cut it after... I just need the cutting tool to do that. And a cutting recognition tool. But I'm no programmer unfortunatly. But people should get on that project, getting moving on. It's would be such a great and usefull tool...
In my particular case, I want to have everything automated for my project.
I want to record a program that shows everyday, in the early morning
(6oclock, but I'm still sleeping) and then send that recorded to my
video server.

VDR is a great video-server ...
I don't use VDR as a video server.
But I would like to be also able to have it trimed out

nice and clean without retouching it manually.

Do you get the idea ? And if you have any ideas, your suggestions are

open.

I suggest you to build a cutting-plugin for VDR.
_I_ can't.
That way you schedule your recordings with VDR plus X minutes at the
beginning and at the end. And after recording the plugin cuts the recording
based on your frame A/Z-fingerprint-library.
Exactly. I hope people will get together for making that tool. I know Gerard MAULINO (gmaulino@club-internet.fr) is ready to do that. You guys should mail him to get things going on... :))))

Best of luck.
--
Alexandre CONRAD