[linux-dvb] Re: getting at a crypted stream as a part of a service

I have a service with an AC3 audio stream that now is crypted.  How do I
listen to it? I need the ability to pass a stream through the CA engine,
but not the audio decoder.

Perhaps a compremize would be that if a stream is crypted, it is passed
through the CA engine, then sent back out to wherever it was going to
go.  Does that make security problems or something? With the new firmware
and thus ability to have more bandwidth, could this be authorized?

_J

In the new year, Klaus Casa wrote:
> I'm interested in this answer also.
> I'm trying to get the second audio pid stream of a crypted channel, but with
> DMX_PES_AUDIO the sound also change at dvb-sat audio-out, and with
> DMX_PES_OTHER i don't get any audio stream.
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I have a service with a crypted data stream that goes along with the
> >crypted audio and video streams.  How do I get the data stream to go
> >through the CA engine? If I specify DMX_PES_OTHER, it seems the stream is
> >eaten before it could go through the CA portion of the card.  I don't
> >think it is a teletext, subtitling or other stream the decoder could do
> >something useful with, I just want to process this stream in userspace.
> >
> >_J
> >  --
> >I do not get viruses because I do not use MS software.
> >If you use Outlook then please do not put my email address in your
> >address-book so that WHEN you get a virus it won't use my address in the
> >From field.
> >

> >--
> >Info:
> >linux-dvb" as subject.