[linux-dvb] Re: automatic AD cutting [was "Timing recording"]

>How much do you know about image recognition?

Nothing much.

These were posted a in the day. Links about recognisation :

http://www.eeng.dcu.ie/~vmpg/papers/ICEIS2001.pdf
http://www.cdvp.dcu.ie/Papers/ISSC2001.pdf
http://www.cvc.uab.es/~jordi/multimedia%20tools.pdf
http://www.wisdom.weizmann.ac.il/~armin/AdvVision02/Papers/Lecture12/ActionRecognitionbyShapeMatchingtoKeyFrames.pdf

>What you want is possible, but it needs a lot of processing power.

I guess so, but that's okay. Doesn't have to be real time. That's okat.
I can work on it after the capture. What I want is just a way to trim
that video.

>The image that *you* recognize is always the same, but a lot of bits in
>the lower level may be different because of encoding, tansmission and
>decoding errors.

Humm... I see, then I'd need a recognization on the bipmap level then,
not the bit them self. Intelligent vector recognisation I guess. A
computer eye. I don't really know... But it should be possible.

regards,

--
Alexandre CONRAD
Research & Development