[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-s remote control

Hi!

 --- Hubert Denkmair <hubert@denkmair.de> wrote:
> Tried to switch to vdr-1.1 and linux-dvb now.
> Besides that vdr-1.1 runs
> very unstable here I have another problem:
Yup, I have a very unstable vdr too :) but it got much
much better with vdr 1.1.19 :)

> Where is the LIRC-Module?
Not there anymore :)
It seems that the head (cvs) driver uses the new input
interface (/dev/input/) for all the remote control
stuff...
You have to use av7110_loadkeys < hauppauge.rc5 one
time to load key mappings after the dvb driver was
loaded. You should test if it works using "evtest
/dev/input/event0"... should output a line after
keypress...

And in vdr there is a new plugin "remote" which
enables vdr to use the new remote method... at
http://endriss.escape.bei.t-online.de/vdr... install
it as usual ...

> with the old
> siemens-drivers (drivers/lirc), but in my
Cool the Nexus-S works with the siemens drivers?
*ponders to giving it a try to make dvbnet stuff work*

> linux-dvb.2002-11-01 directory
> there is only a empty directory.
Hmm, as for me it isn't there at all... ow well maybe
I purged empty dirs...

Anyways, I hope I could help a bit ^^
cya
   Danny