[linux-dvb] Re: Q: IR remote with J2 and siemens_dvb-0.9.4-2002-06-23

Hi Harald,

Harald Milz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to set up the IR receiver from
> http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/ir-j2.html supposed to work with a rev
> 1.3 card / J2 port and the siemens_dvb-0.9.4-2002-06-23 driver? If yes, how
> can I debug the IR reception?

Please use a recent driver, there you have a module debug parameter.
Take a look into DVB/apps/av7110_loadkeys/README for details

> I built this circuit some time ago (with a CMOS inverter instead of the BS
> transistor, though) and did see the inverted signal at J2-9 but nothing
> happened at all after inserting the lirc_dvb and lirc_dev modules.
>
> Any hint is welcome. Maybe I simply  didn't use an RC5 code of my universal
> remote. Any idea which commercial TV or other devices use RC5?

The old driver only worked with the original Hauppauge remote control.
In recent versions you can set up any RC5 and RCMM keymap. You don't
need an inverting transistor anymore, signal polarity can be programmed
using the av7110_loadkeys utility.

Holger