[linux-dvb] Switch channels while decoding ?

Hi,

is it possible to tune my Nova-card to a different channel without restarting
ts2ps in the software decoder pipe ? If I understand things right, this would
make it possible to create a stream of video data which does not stop when
the channel is switched.

This, in turn, would make it possible to have a server with multiple cheap
nova cards and simple diskless clients only connected via ethernet, each
getting their stream of data from a dedicated Sat card in the server and only
running ts2ps and mplayer. Zapping would be done be simply sending commands
for tuning to the server. No need for Sat-Cables everywhere.

I saw that with dvbstream, I can tune the card in the server via telnet, but
ts2ps and mplayer must be restarted then, which is slow. But mayvbe I get
something wrong ?

Markus