[linux-dvb] Re: Satelco DVB-S driver problem

Klaudius Chlebosch wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> it works now !!! Many thanks for youre help. But in fact.. i dont understand
> why.
>
> I changed the CARD_INFO to ttbci and it works. In my addition the card type
> was  DVB_CARD_TT_BUDGET, in ttbci its DVB_CARD_TT_BUDGET_CI. But my card has
> no CI module ?? Anyway, ist works, so thats enough for me ...

Ralph named this define DVB_CARD_TT_BUDGET_CI and the variable ttbci
because the Technotrend Budget with CI module was the first Technotrend
DVB card that used the Frontend to generate DiSEqC sequences. Now are
other cards doing this too so the names are a bit misleading. When
somebody finds some time it would be the best to rename them and replace
the card type defines by a capability bitfield (something like
HAS_DECODER, DISEQC_OVER_FE etc).

Holger