[linux-dvb] Re: Adding SDI SMPTE 259M interface to DVB card

On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 19:48, Emil Naepflein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has someone already thought about adding a SDI video interface to the
> DVB-S card?
>
> The AV7111 has a digital video output port (YCOUT8bit, YCCLK) which
> outputs 8 bit 4:2:2 data with a 27 MHz clock.

27MHz clock? It should be 270MHz for SDI. Unless this is sample rate.

> Is this port normally activated in the firmware?
> The spec also says that if the 32-bit EBI is used the digital out is not
> available.
>
> I would assume that this data stream is already feed to the SAA7146A
> into its D1 input to provide the data for the frame buffer. So the only
> thing to do would be to tap the signals and convert it into SMPTE 125M
> component digital video stream.
>
> I would like to improve the image quality by directly feeding the
> digital video stream from the MPEG2 decoder into a video scaler.

It would be quite intersting as you could capture unencrypted non-lossy
versions of any program... I would imagine that you would need some
extra hardware for the output. Where is the documentation for this?

Justin