[linux-dvb] Re: Adding SDI SMPTE 259M interface to DVB card

On 30 Dec 2002 18:57:34 +0000, Justin Cormack <justin@street-vision.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 19:48, Emil Naepflein wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > has someone already thought about adding a SDI video interface to the
> > DVB-S card?
> >
> > The AV7111 has a digital video output port (YCOUT8bit, YCCLK) which
> > outputs 8 bit 4:2:2 data with a 27 MHz clock.
>
> 27MHz clock? It should be 270MHz for SDI. Unless this is sample rate.

The 27 MHz clock is the sample rate of the parallel 8/10 bit CCIR656
interface. This has to be serialized into a SDI stream.

> It would be quite intersting as you could capture unencrypted non-lossy
> versions of any program... I would imagine that you would need some
> extra hardware for the output. Where is the documentation for this?

MPEG2 decoder: http://spanik.free.fr/sat/digiquest/AV711x_3_1.pdf
Multimedia bridge: http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/SAA7146A_1.pdf

Both chips are connected by the CCIR656 interface. As there is no easy
access to the pins of the AV7111 a potential serializer has to be
connected to the SAA7146A.

With http://www.national.com/ds/CL/CLC020.pdf is a one-chip solution
available which requires only a few resistors and capacitors. The cost
should be less than 50 EUR. There is also an evaluation board
http://www.national.com/pf/CL/CLC020.html available which costs about
100 US$.

Emil