[linux-dvb] Re: Major changes in dvb-kernel again

Hello Marcus,

>  > It's now possible to build the driver for the budget cards without the
>  > bloat added by the av7110 and the video4linux interface.
>  >

> What about budget cards with video-in ? You need v4l there.

Video-in on such a card is completely "analogue", right?

(Ie. a video-decoder like the saa7111a, connected to the video port a of
the saa7146)

This can be easily added to the budget driver (but you'll get the
dependency to videodev.o and saa7146_vv.o again) or you'll have to write
a new "budget-videoin" driver, that shares the dvb code with the
dvb-only driver.

I don't know what's better -- suggestions? I don't know how important
the dvb-driver-without-videodev-dependency is.

Can you point my to a manufacturer / website who is providing such cards?

> Marcus

CU
Michael.