[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: DVB-RCS System

Astra offers DVB-RCS since some years. But you need such an expensive
terminal we were talking about. The Hardware costs about 1500 EUR. This is
only interesting for middle-sized or large companies, but not for the home
user and also not for small companies. Just too expensive. And you need at
least a 90-120 cm dish for reasonable uplink speeds.

What Astra is currently developing is a low-cost Enduser system for everyone
to be used within usual set-top-boxes some day.

You can read about it here:
http://www.ses-astra.com/press-info/news/press-releases/03/20030127.shtml
(english)
Or here:
http://ix.de/newsticker/result.xhtml?url=/newsticker/data/tol-27.01.03-003/d
efault.shtml (german)

More Astra News:
http://www.astra.lu/press-info/news/astra_pr.shtml

You can read about currently available two-way internet via satellite here:
http://www.astra.lu/products/ipservices/astranet/bbi.shtml
The service is provides by SatLynx:
http://www.satlynx.com