[linux-dvb] Re: Detecting kernel version in Makefile

Pete Martin wrote:
Hi,

In the driver/Makefile in the latest DVB tree the detection of the kernel
version is not reliable. It currently uses the version.h file, which on a
brand new installation of Mandrake 9.0 does not contain the expected
information.
version.h will be generated when you properly configure + build your kernel in /usr/src/linux/. Since we need the config, includes and makefiles there anyway it's a proper way to detect the version of the kernel which include files we're using.

Please configure+install your kernel before you build the DVB driver, if you build the driver against the wrong include files or use config files that don't belong to your running kernel very strange side effects can occur...

Holger