[linux-dvb] Re: Reception of raw TS or multiple PIDS

Am Fre, 2003-02-07 um 20.52 schrieb Nico:

> Dvbstream (you should use the last cvs version from www.sf.net/projects/dvbtools/)
> will help you to get a TS stream
>
> an example:
>
> dvbstrem -o -f 12480 -p V -s 27500 1791 1792 > SAT1.ts
>
> will tune to Sat1 on Astra and save the transport stream to a file
> called SAT1.ts.
>

> You can take up to eight (right?) streams together from a given
> transponder.

It's eight PIDs for a full-featured card and unlimited with a budget.

But I think dvbstream can only handle one video- and one audio-PID.

> As far as I know you can do this with budget cards and also with
> full-featured cards when you apply a so called 'budget-patch'.
>
> Searching on this list you can find the link to the budget-patch, but I
> never used it, so I can't say it for sure.

I've followed the thread of of the patch as I'm interested myself, but
there seem to be problems as this is maintained sporadically.

> I totally agree with your complaints regarding the absolute lack of
> documentation.

Me, too.

You could look at http://vdrportal.de There are a lot of information on
VDR, which should cover a lot of the driver, too.

Rene