[linux-dvb] Re: Reception of raw TS or multiple PIDS

At 20:19 07/02/2003, you wrote:
But I think dvbstream can only handle one video- and one audio-PID.
AFAIK dumping a PS requires one video and one audio PID - if you get TS from the card you can specify more PIDs (and the special 8192 PID to dump the entire transponder on the budget cards)....

> As far as I know you can do this with budget cards and also with
> full-featured cards when you apply a so called 'budget-patch'.
>
> Searching on this list you can find the link to the budget-patch, but I
> never used it, so I can't say it for sure.

I've followed the thread of of the patch as I'm interested myself, but
there seem to be problems as this is maintained sporadically.
Hang on, is this a software-only patch? I'm puzzled now, because I'm sure it looked like you had to use a soldering iron...

Anyway - it would be great if someone could tell the list the difference between "filtered" and "unfiltered" TS. If I understand correctly one can get a so called "filtered" TS (transport stream) from a full featured DVB-card. Furthermore if I undersand correctly vdr uses these TS streams (filtered if from a full card, unfiltered when from a budet card) when recording and pipes them through remux.c to save a PES to the disk.

When doing so it ignores the PTS used for A/V sync -- either because they are already correct in the "filtered" TS (but then what about unfiltered streams from budget cards) or because it's reckoned that PTS is not needed. Could someone please enlighten me on this issue?

If you feel it too OT for linux-dvb feel free to post this over to the vdr list. I just though the issue about TS came up here so I might as well ask.

Thx,
Gregor