[linux-dvb] Re: Reception of raw TS or multiple PIDS

Hi Nico

Nico wrote:
a) Which tools and arguments are you using or did you write something
yourself ?
dvbstream (search dvbtools in www.sf.net) , as I wrote in my previsous
post (or the one before that)
I'm using it to to stream between my receiver PC and my MPEG-4 Live
encoder/streamer box. I just wasn't aware that I could stream more than
one audio/video/text PID set.

I wrote (and I'm still writing) a patch (largely based on dvbstream) to
enable mplayer to capture, view and tune via DVB, but that involves only one audio and one video stream
I have it working for mp4live (MPEG4IP).

b) Can you capture and decrypt more than one audio and one video and
one text PID at the same time ?
you mean decrypting as in descrambling?
Yes, and I meant decrypt and capture and not as I wrote capture and
decrypt.

> dvbstream doesn't descramble;

No - I know. Descrambling is taking place in the CI->CAM->SC
before data is being read by dvbstream. My questions was meant
to be "can the receiver/CI/CAM/SC descramble more than one
audio/video set at the same time if these audio/video set
are in the same transponder feed ?"

Peter Maersk-Moller
Ogg/Vorbis support for MPEG4IP. YUV12, XviD, AVI and MP4 support
for libmpeg2. See http://www.maersk-moller.net/projects/