[linux-dvb] Re: v4l and dvb-s

Hello DOm,

But this do not work with linux-dvb.2003-02-02-ci-ll ( and earlier ).
I think Marcus use "his own" version of drivers :), am i right ?
Probably. You have to clearly distinguish between the various drivers.

Metzler brother's driver and DVB head driver provide a Video4Linux-1 interface. I cannot comment on how standard conform these are and how they interoperate with "mplayer" in special. But I think that they should work, because the facilites are used by other applications, too.

The "dvb-kernel" driver is a Video4Linux-2 driver. There, all calls from Mplayer go through the compatibility layer of Video4Linux-2 and get translated to Video4Linux-2 commands. If applications are acting "clever", then this might not work.

In any case, this is not satisfying at all, I admit. The best solution would be to add real Video4Linux-2 support to "Mplayer" or to investigate what goes wrong with Mencoder.

What can i do ?
I'll investigate this for the "dvb-kernel" driver (added it to my todo list) as soon as I have finished my exam (next friday). Please try to solve it yourself or have a little patience. Thank you!

Thanks,
   ANgelus.
CU
Michael.