[linux-dvb] Re: v4l and dvb-s

Michael Hunold writes:

 > In any case, this is not satisfying at all, I admit. The best solution
 > would be to add real Video4Linux-2 support to "Mplayer" or to
 > investigate what goes wrong with Mencoder.

I think mencoder is not the best v4l application which even the author
admits. So there may be some problems. AFAIK, it is only tested with
bttv drivers. I think there are better encoders out there and some of
those use v4l2 which may be better suited for these purposes anyway.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |