[linux-dvb] Re: New DVB driver release 1.0.0-pre1

> Couldn't we use the second Register Programming Sequencer (RPS) of the
> SAA7146A to handle the DEBI stuff?
> This way it might be possible to get rid of busy-waiting in
> wait_for_debi_done(), which is really ugly when vdr is running in
> time-shift mode. I haven't looked at this in detail but it might be
> possible. Any comments?

Kernel message passing structure over DEBI bus has to be redesigned,
and when one queue is running, there is no need for wait_for_debi_done
because queue will serialize it by itself.

Half duplex has to be also adjusted in the firmware. The correct solution
would be to start GPL firmware, maybe even bogus in the beginning but
people will exchange knowledge and soon it will be full functional.

Then we will really know what we exactly need to get this work
done properly

Emard