[linux-dvb] Re: New DVB driver release 1.0.0-pre1

> Look at the files in directory DVB/driver/gnufirm (old API-1 driver).
> from README:
> | The bootloader Boot
> | This file is initially written to the dual ported RAM shared by the
> | PC and AV7110. It is located at 0x2c000000 (from the ARM's point of view).

OK! that's something! dpram is the link between PC and ARM and we
know other end's position.

> In the gnufirm directory you'll find everything you need to use the
> ARM as a coprocessor (thanks, Ralph!). It's not very difficult to build
> a *generic* application and run it on the ARM side. But I can't see a
> real chance to build a useful *DVB* application using the info from the
> publicly available datasheets. The DPRAM/DEBI stuff appears to be the
> easiest part of the problem.

I know, but we must start from something. We could develop transmission
protocol that would run stable PC and let Ralph integrate this into DVB
side. How about that for the beginning?

Emard