[linux-dvb] Re: New DVB driver release 1.0.0-pre1

Emard wrote:
> > I did that almost 2 years ago. Nobody did anything with it.
> > It is in CVS (or used to be and still is in the attic) at
> > DVB/driver/av7110/gnufirm. It is a primitive skeleton for a
> > firmware, about everything I could write without using proprietary
> > information.
>
> Can you tell us Dpram base offset viewed from the ARM side?

Look at the files in directory DVB/driver/gnufirm (old API-1 driver).
from README:
| The bootloader Boot
| This file is initially written to the dual ported RAM shared by the
| PC and AV7110. It is located at 0x2c000000 (from the ARM's point of view).

In the gnufirm directory you'll find everything you need to use the
ARM as a coprocessor (thanks, Ralph!). It's not very difficult to build
a *generic* application and run it on the ARM side. But I can't see a
real chance to build a useful *DVB* application using the info from the
publicly available datasheets. The DPRAM/DEBI stuff appears to be the
easiest part of the problem.

Oliver