[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel budget tests

> No complex software operation (and calling the software demux is usually
> something pretty complex - ) should ever run in irq context but it
> tasklets or or a bottom half.

That's right. And that's why the tasklets are calling sw_demux.

Even then, there is not much flexibility - tasklets are not
allowed to sleep (or wait for a semaphore I guess).

> Tasklets are serialized and run only once a time. The important thing is
> that you have to check at the end of the tasklet function if there is
> more work to do (if another interrupt occured while the tasklet was
> running).

There is some interaction between user space and the tasklet,
I've considered this as some kind of a stability pitfall that's
perhaps a food for thought for better internal driver layers
organization. There must be some simple and ellegant way to
avoid the stability issues from av7110 (but it seems they also
exist in budget's, only practically never manifest).

Emard