[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel budget tests

Emard:

> avoid the stability issues from av7110 (but it seems they also
> exist in budget's, only practically never manifest).

I don't know if it's related but here with budget and dvb-kernel
(with 2.4.18) my machine sometimes hangs just after or when tuning
a transponder. Repeatedly calling dvbstream reliably reproduces
it: I'm not sure I ever succeded in getting channel info for
more than a dozen transponders in one go, I do that by calling
dvbstream -f ... -o 8192 piped to a DVB-SI parsing process,
dvbtune -i used to hang similarly). It may be a problem with
the frontend (alps bsrv2). I don't know how severe the hanging
is: I cannot login via telnet or ssh into the box, but ping
still replies so a bit of the kernel is still running, I'll
try to connect a console to the box (it has no screen) one day
to see if that hangs or not or if there's a message.

--
franck@nenie.org