[linux-dvb] Re: problem with tuner or mainboard?

Am Dienstag, 18. Februar 2003 14:33 schrieb Freddy Aßmann:
Hello Freddy

I had similar Problems while changing my Case and the motherboard ,before I
use a PII 350 without any problem,when i change my Card (Siemens DVB-C rev1.5
to my new System Celeron @ 1200Mhz on a Chaintech Board I got also heaviness
blocks an a bad sound on TV while watching live broadcast, palying a old
recording was now Problem for me

my solution was a new antenna cabel (RG 59 ) witch is now connected
directly to the card

you can use czap to see what's your signal strength, look at the signal to
noise values

status 1f | signal ffff | snr e7e7 | ber 00000c9e | unc 00000001 | FE_HAS_LOCK
status 1f | signal ffff | snr e6e6 | ber 00000c9e | unc 00000001 | FE_HAS_LOCK

before I build my own cable a had values arround c7c7 , on the old PC it was
now problem with original cable

Hope it help's

Regards

Oliver Lorei