[linux-dvb] Re: problem with tuner or mainboard?

Am Mittwoch, 19. Februar 2003 22:18 schrieb Freddy Aßmann:
> Hallo Oliver,
>
> | my solution was a new antenna cabel (RG 59 ) witch is now connected
> | directly to the card
>
> Thats not the problem. I had try it, also with and without amplifer. There
> is no difference.

A amplifer boost everything the signal an the noise too, so when your signal
strength at the outlet is not very good and you put a amplifer between the
outlet an your VDR box there will be more noise then without it.

> Now I have a fan that blows direct to the card, and it works. But is that
> normally?

no I would say, I have two DVB card's in my Box without any heat problems
until now

where is your Card install, are there other Card's arround ?

what's about old recording's  or DVD do they play smooth ??

Regards

Oliver

BTW: please answer to the List not to me directly, you can't use the answer
button of your mail Prog on this List ,use answer to all and delete the
private mail adress.