[linux-dvb] Re: problem with tuner or mainboard?

Hallo Oliver,

>A amplifer boost everything the signal an the noise too, so when your
signal
>strength at the outlet is not very good and you put a amplifer between the
>outlet an your VDR box there will be more noise then without it.
Yes, thats true. It is not better with a good cable and direct connection
without amplifer.

>where is your Card install, are there other Card's arround ?
No.

>what's about old recording's  or DVD do they play smooth ??
They play fine, because I pull the antenna cable. The disruption of the
tuner makes the playback confuse.

situation before: When I start the PC I have no sound and blocks. After A
while I get good picture and sound. After a while the blocks come back and
stay. That is the starting position.
now: I have a fan that blows on the card. The blocks after start disappear
but later, depending on the stream of air. If the blocks are away they does
not come back if the stream of air is strong enough.
That's the result of hours of changing and testing. Its strange, isnt it? I
think the card is defect.

>BTW: please answer to the List not to me directly, you can't use the answer
>button of your mail Prog on this List ,use answer to all and delete the
>private mail adress.
Sorry!

Regards
Freddy