[linux-dvb] Re: problem with tuner or mainboard?

Am Donnerstag, 20. Februar 2003 16:45 schrieb Freddy Aßmann:
> Hallo Oliver,
>
> >A amplifer boost everything the signal an the noise too, so when your
>
> signal
>
> >strength at the outlet is not very good and you put a amplifer between the
> >outlet an your VDR box there will be more noise then without it.
>
> Yes, thats true. It is not better with a good cable and direct connection
> without amplifer.
>
> >where is your Card install, are there other Card's arround ?
>
> No.
>
> >what's about old recording's  or DVD do they play smooth ??
>
> They play fine, because I pull the antenna cable. The disruption of the
> tuner makes the playback confuse.
>
> situation before: When I start the PC I have no sound and blocks. After A
> while I get good picture and sound. After a while the blocks come back and
> stay. That is the starting position.
> now: I have a fan that blows on the card. The blocks after start disappear
> but later, depending on the stream of air. If the blocks are away they does
> not come back if the stream of air is strong enough.
> That's the result of hours of changing and testing. Its strange, isnt it? I
> think the card is defect.

Hello Freddy

When the Card will be defect why it is Ok in your old system or isn't it and I
understood you wrong ?

Do you have the optional Ca modul install on your Card ? when yes remove it
and try without it

What say's the output of czap?

what kind of powersupply you have installed in your box, perhaps you have an
weak psu