[linux-dvb] Re: problem with tuner or mainboard?

Am Freitag, 21. Februar 2003 08:46 schrieb Freddy Aßmann:
> Hello,

> >What say's the output of czap?
>
> You mention it in an other posting too, but I didn't unterstand wat you
> mean. Sorry!

you find czap in the DVB source DVB/apps/szap go as normal user in this
directory then do a
make clean
make
copy the channellist for cable in your root home directory,then login as
superuser and do in DVB/apps/szap    ./czap -a0 3sat

then you should get a output like this

status 1f | signal ffff | snr e7e7 | ber 00000c9e | unc 00000001 | FE_HAS_LOCK
status 1f | signal ffff | snr e6e6 | ber 00000c9e | unc 00000001 | FE_HAS_LOCK
snr means the signal to noise ratio, AFAIK values like  ffff are the top but
not real possible, I get distorsions with values like c7c7

ber means the Bit error rate of the reciever and the best value is 0000000

Regards

Oliver