[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel budget tests

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 07:04:40PM +0000, Franck Arnaud wrote:
> Emard:
> > I will test your script. Then I will make some patch, send it
> > to you and if it fixes your issue, it will go to CVS.
> >
> > In case mine worked stable, and you got some kernel oops,
> > can you prepare computers to copy oops from text console
> > (or serial console), reboot the machine, again re-load dvb
> > modules and process the oops copy with ksymoops? That
>
> Yes, I think I can do that if needed.

I have teseted quite heavily this scanning script with
dvbstream (used timeout 1 sec to browse channels
on astr. 19.2E), but so far I could not see any
lockings. I tried it many times and everything seems
working well for me.

I am aware that there are many imcompleteness in the
code and many bugs around and too few developers
to clean them all at once. You should have to catch the
kernel oops dump in order to localize the problem.

BTW do you maybe have in kernel compiled this:

SMP (2 or more CPUs or hyperthreaded CPU support)
APIC support
ACPI support
HIGH memory support (support for 4G or 64G RAM)

Those should not be set.

Emard