[linux-dvb] Re: Newbie questions

Timo,

Thanks for the reply.

Timo Teräs wrote:

I also have a Nova-T card. I tried it with following drivers and results:

DVB and dvb-kernel (CVS head about week ago):

Loads & detects card fine. Tunes ok. But when I use dvbstream to
stream out the data it starts ok but stops quite fast. Ie. I only
get about 1-4 seconds of the stream per dvbstream invocation. And
this led to similar problems during my testings (sometimes PAT or
SDT timed out, but NIT timed out always since it isn't sent so
often).
I'm guessing this is a different problem, as you get some output from the card, whereas I get none (on this computer). There was a message on this list around a month ago ("Re: Hauppauge Nova-T setup", David Given, 18/01/03), explaining how to deal with a problem like yours. You need to pass a parameter to the module when you load it, to stop it timeing out. The line David gave was:

insmod dvb-core.o dvb_shutdown_timeout=0

See if that works for you.

Yep. I have Nova-T + Athlon + Via chipset.
That's helpful. So it looks less likely that it's a generic hardware problem, and more like something specific to my setup.

Cheers,

Bruno