[linux-dvb] Re: C/A routing Question

Rob.McConnell@Zarlink.Com writes:
 > I agree that as more hardware with PVR capability is becoming available, we
 > will have to consider different routing scenarios.  The h/w that I am
 > working on allows for parallel/serial TSs from multiple sources as well as
 > from C/Is and from a HDD.  Yes, in the HDD case the complete TS that was
 > recorded on the HDD can be routed through the C/I.  This allows the TS to
 > still be recorded encrypted on the HDD and then decrypted through the C/I
 > (keys would have to be stored to prevent them expiring, etc.).

The whole input handling has to be worked on.
The DVR device does not properly map on any newer hardware. One TS
ouput usually has nothing to do with any specific input.
Calls for all the things you mention will have to be added.

 > I would favour an IOCTL to setup the possible TS sources to the demux and
 > then the PID filters should have the choice of which TS source to filter
 > on.   For example, if the demux can only handle 2 TS inputs but there are 5
 > possible sources, then we need to setup a "router/switch" to implement this
 > and each PID filter would have to choose which TS input (#1 or #2).

Do you want to set this for each filter or for each demux device/channel?

So, either you have one /dev/dvb/adapterX/demux0 and set the channel
which is supposed to be used for each filter, or you have demux0,
demux1, ... demuxY, where each corresponds to one demux channel.
Please note that on some hardware each filter can choose the input
freely, on other hardware each demux channel has a fixed amount of
filters.

Ralph