[linux-dvb] Re: Linux HDTV

Hi Mark--

So this Fusion 878A has been around for awhile; is it really able to
capture the whole 20 megabit ATSC stream to disk?  I don't care about
playback through the card, just capturing the stream..If so, then the
HDTV on Linux problem has been solved already (at least for what I
want to do, which is archive ATSC streams).  Which is the preferred
878A card to use on Linux?
Yes, the Fusion 878A chip has been around for 3 or 4 years. About capturing the ATSC stream to disk, work would have to be done in this project to enable and control the front-end of the card (tuner and demodulator). Also, I don't know status of Peter Hettkamp's code for streaming DVB-S on the Pinnacle PCTV Sat, which would have to be repurposed for this task.

The Korean card is the only game in town right now, so the choice is easy. ;-)

Regards--

Dan