[linux-dvb] Re: Teletext and DMX_SET_PES_FILTER

Johannes Stezenbach writes:
 > Hallo Ralph,
 >
 > I wrote:
 > > Ralph Metzler wrote:
 > > > We plan some API changes which
 > > > probably will not fit into any Convergence numbering scheme.
 > >
 > > Would you care to discuss these changes here on the list?
 > >
 > > We all know there is some work left to do on the API, but
 > > I think it might be a good idea if we at least try to
 > > keep one common Linux DVB API for the benefit of all
 > > application developers out there.
 > >
 > > You probably have seen my proposal regarding DMX_GET_STC.
 > > Maybe you have comments about that.
 > >
 > > I also have been thinking about extending VIDEO_GET_EVENT
 > > and adding related calls for retrieving more of the PES
 > > header fields. But I haven't yet spent any time actually
 > > working out the details. So if you have any ideas here,
 > > I'd certainly like to discuss them.
 >
 > It would be nice if you would let us know what's on your
 > mind. Unless, of course, the current demux API discussion
 > already covers it all.

The two questions you quote above I already answered.
I personally don't need them but they are certainly useful
and needed for some applications. Fine with me.

Regarding the rest that's basically covered by the other
discussion. I just did not have time to read and comment on
todays mails yet.

Ralph