[linux-dvb] Re: troubles with pre1 on SuSE8.0 and WinTV NOVA CI

Manfred wrote:
--- Urspruengliche Nachricht ---
Datum: 2/27/2003
Von: "Manfred" <manfred@janek.de>
Betreff: troubles with pre1 on SuSE8.0 and WinTV NOVA CI

I tested the latest prerelease on a SuSE Linux 8.0. Kernel 2.4.18

It compiled ok, but didn't run. The alps_bsru6.o was missing.
this driver is called stv0299.o now, it should work for all stv0299 based frontends.

So I took the latest sources out of the CVS dated 24.2.03
Once again, no problem to build, but it's not running.

After make, makedev, copying modules.conf into my modules.conf, building
the test-suite, make insmod and make install I had no success.

-test_av doesn't find the video file (although I was root),
-test_tt is waiting forever,
-modprobe complains about to deep recursion.
you have screwed up something, did you cleanly removed your old driver modules?

test_av -----------------------------------------------------
using video device '/dev/dvb/adapter0/video0'
using audio device '/dev/dvb/adapter0/audio0'
enter command or h + enter for help
open video device: No such device
This program makes no sense for a Nova card, you need a hardware MPEG decoder...

modprobe /dev/dvd/adapter0/video0
modprobe: Too deep recursion in module dependencies!
modprobe: Circular dependency? saa7146_v4l av7110 i2c-core VES1820
saa7146_core
again, you did not removed an old driver version cleanly.

Holger