[linux-dvb] Re: V4L issues with linux dvb driver

  Hi Michael,

> to make a long story short: "linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre1" and the so-called
> DVB "head" or "newstruct" drivers are v4l1 drivers.

  Ok.

> Although the code is based on my original saa7146 driver, I won't
> change it anymore. "dvb-kernel" is the basis for the upcoming 2.6.x
> kernel and it can be compiled under 2.4.x as well.

  Alright.

> If you encounter any more bug reports regarding the "linuxtv.org" DVB
> driver, please encourage the users to try the "dvb-kernel" driver from
> the project's CVS (remember: it can be compiled under 2.4.x as well)
> and use the benefits of v4l2.

  There is no indication of this at all on your webpage, and in fact,
this driver (linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre1) was released quite recently.  Can
you please indicate on this page that there will be problems with
applications such as tvtime?

> Is your application v4l2 aware?

  No, I will expand in my reply to your other mail.

> Or do you rely on the compatibility layer?

  I'm having alot of problems with it, there are annoying bugs with it
and the saa7134 driver for sure that made my life a total pain (and the
saa7134 supports the old-style-mmap() interface).

--
Billy Biggs
vektor@dumbterm.net