[linux-dvb] Re: V4L issues with linux dvb driver

Hello Billy,

  Quite.  Still, I can only test with what I have, and I currently only
use the bttv drivers from the kernel, so, only V4L1 here. ;-)
Ok.

  I'm not annoyed. :)  I appreciate this discussion alot.

  No, V4L1 does not support alternate mode, but I really wanted to move
to V4L2 and only support drivers that support ALTERNATE mode, since then
I can rip out all my nasty /dev/rtc code.  Sleeping for exactly 16.6ms
for NTSC sources really sucks.  Oh well.
Ok, understood.

  I have a question.  For my support pages, what cards does your driver
work with, and where is a link to a webpage describing your driver?
My original project page is
http://www.gdv.uni-hannover.de/~hunold1/linux/saa7146/index.html
but that's rather uninteresting for DVB users.

You can find an explanation of the current DVB driver situation at
http://linuxtv.org/dvb/drivers.xml

The important point missing there is to clearly state the switch from v4l1 to v4l2 and a list of application that work.

  Yes, I want a 20ms wakeup for PAL sources, 16.6ms for NTSC, since this
is our output framerate.
Ok, I'll add it to the TODO list.

CU
Michael.