[linux-dvb] Re: V4 API proposal

Hi,

>The usage of DMX_GET_SOURCE & DMX_SET_SOURCE is suitable for connecting
>demux to frontend. But how to connect Audio to a Filter ?
>I propose to have a common mechanism for every device:
> * To set up cascading element easily.
> * To be able to stream to differnt devices in parallel.

Difficult item. I've read your proposal. Personally i do not like to
sink->source/id idea. We will need an own ioctl+device for every
decoder/target to support it. (PCR, TXT, AUDIO, VIDEO, TAP).

Adding an output_t field/map to the filter is what i propose. But i know
that Johannes doesn't like it at all. We need some more oppinions!

>> A) allow just a single pid per call
>> B) allow multiple pids per call
>> C) require multiple pids to be set in a single call
>>

>What way ever. It must be possible to add and remove filters while
>recording the program without any interruption to get in sync
>with updated PMTs (new services in the program).

This is impossible when using C. So probalby B will make it into the final
draft.

Thanks,
   Florian