[linux-dvb] Linux HDTV

Hello,

I noticed in the mailing list archives for this list that not too long ago
someone was looking for anybody working on an HDTV card driver for Linux.
The MyHD card (based on Teralogic TL880) from Macro Image Technology in Korea
(http://www.mitinc.co.kr/) has drivers with debugging symbols intact, making
reverse engineering pretty easy.  I've put up a SourceForge page at
http://myhd.sourceforge.net/ (nothing is there yet; everything happens on the
mailing list).  So far I'm the only one working on this somewhat actively,
but I've already figured out how to do a few things to the card while the
driver is running in Windows, and I think I'm pretty close to being able to
turn the card on in Linux (just to a state where I can prod the registers).

Anyway, I'm looking for anyone who has one of these cards, or a DVB card based
on the TL850 chip, and some spare time, to help with register dumps and so
on.  I also need a simple template for writing a kernel driver.  Would one of
the DVB drivers make a good starting point?  Right now I'm using the setpci
command tool to reset the board (and I'm not sure if it's working), and a
command line program I wrote to peek/poke an individual register.

--
Mike Bourgeous
nitrogen@slimetech.com