[linux-dvb] Re: WinTV-Nova-CI and remote control

OK. dvb-kernel driver seems to run properly. But how to use remote control?

[root@vonasek av7110_loadkeys]# ./evtest /dev/input/event0
evtest: No such device

By pressing keys on remote control I get sometimes characters on konsole and sometimes nothing happens.

Michal

michal wrote:

Hi all,

I'm using dvb-head drivers from CVS (my last update 27-2-2003). I tried to setup remote control with av7110_loadkeys. Everything went OK, but I have no response from evtest. Is remote control supported with this budget card by dvb driver?

For the Nova-CI this is only with the dvb-kernel source tree. This remote control code was contributed by Jack Thomasson. Right now the keymaps are not configurable, so you can use the remote control of your card only. See dvb-kernel/linux/drivers/media/dvb/ttpci-budget/budget-ci.c for details.

Since I have no such card here this code is not well tested. Please report any arising problems and feel free to improve the code,

Holger