	From: Arpi [mailto:arpi@thot.banki.hu]
	Sent: Sat 3/15/2003 11:09 PM
	To: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
	Subject: [linux-dvb] OT: hardware mpeg2 encoder card with linux support?

	Hi,

	I know it's a bit off-topic here, but i think this si still the best place
	where i can hope some answer.

	I want to buy some hardware mpeg2 (or mpeg1 is ok, too) _en_coder card,
	which has linu xsupport. There are hundreds on teh market, but none of
	them mentions any support for linux :(
	I've found that Kfir card mentioned in linuxtv archives, and some rumours
	about upcoming Kfir2-based hauppage cards. Any news on them?

	I need it for some analog VCR application (like VDR but for analog
	broadcasts).

	The best would be if it could compress any data i send to the card (so i
	could apply filtering, osd etc to the captured video) but if it's together
	with the tuner or have compisite/s-video input it's also good.
	I need full PAL resolution (720x576 or so) and good quality/compression
	ratio, so software encoding is not a solution.

	thanks,

	A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

	ps: please Cc:, i seem to be unsubscribed this list a months ago (maybe
	bouncing or dunno)

	    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
	  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
	"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino