[linux-dvb] OT: hardware mpeg2 encoder card with linux support?

Hi,

I know it's a bit off-topic here, but i think this si still the best place
where i can hope some answer.

I want to buy some hardware mpeg2 (or mpeg1 is ok, too) _en_coder card,
which has linu xsupport. There are hundreds on teh market, but none of
them mentions any support for linux :(
I've found that Kfir card mentioned in linuxtv archives, and some rumours
about upcoming Kfir2-based hauppage cards. Any news on them?

I need it for some analog VCR application (like VDR but for analog
broadcasts).

The best would be if it could compress any data i send to the card (so i
could apply filtering, osd etc to the captured video) but if it's together
with the tuner or have compisite/s-video input it's also good.
I need full PAL resolution (720x576 or so) and good quality/compression
ratio, so software encoding is not a solution.

thanks,

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

ps: please Cc:, i seem to be unsubscribed this list a months ago (maybe
bouncing or dunno)

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino