[linux-dvb] Re: SCART-RGB-Cable blocks my TV

Am Mit, 2003-03-19 um 22.34 schrieb Otto J. Makela:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 19:51:49 +0100, Andreas Schwenk wrote:
>
> > I connected my Hauppauge DVB-C with a homebrown SCART-Cable to my TV.
> > First, everything worked fine, I have a brilliant picture.
> > But now I can't switch back to other channels of my TV. I hear Sound
> > from my other TV-Channels, but I see only a drifting Picture (from upper
> > left to lower right) from my DVB-Card.
>
> Check the pins 8 and 16 of the SCART connector on the cable.  These are
> what control if the TV switches to show that RGB signal or not.
> Maybe there is a problem with either of this pins, signal on all the time?
>
> The fact that the picture is drifting suggests your card output signal
> isn't quite what the television is expecting, it doesn't synch up?
> --

Pin 8 is not connected, what its purpose ?

I think the Sync comes from Pin 20.
The Problem is that my DVB-Card always has always a Signal on Pin 16.
When I change a Channel on my TV, Pin 20 is cut off, but the
RGB-Pins still interference my TV-Picture. Although I switched on my TV.

Perhaps its a problem of my TV. It's not the newest.